14 March 2009

Apple, .Mac, and the Need for Improvement

I am always amazed at how Apple computers OS, and most software can be surpassingly wonderful, but at the same time how their signature software offerings, like the .Mac Web based email, and their whole .Mac experience, can be so terrible. Are they not watching what Google is doing?

Also frustrating, but more understandable, is the lack of certain software, such as Google's Chrome browser, for Mac.

I love my MacBook Pro, especially because I can run VMware Fusion and have the best of both Windows XP and Mac OS X (or Linux, or whatever else I want) - VMware's software engineers should rightly win the Nobel prize for something - I just wish that there were more software written for the Mac platform, and that the .Mac experience didn't suck quite so badly.

No comments: